THESE ARE TWO OF MY STANDBY ALL TIME FAVORITE COOKIES. THEY ARE ELEGANT AND EASY TO MAKE. I LEARNED HOW TO MAKE THE SNOWBALL COOKIES FROM MY COUSIN MICHAL WHO LIVES IN ISRAEL.
Raspberry Almond Thumbprints
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
2/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon almond estract
2 cups flour
½ cup confectioner sugar
¾ teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon milk
1. In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar
2. Add almond extract and mix
3. Add flour and mix quickly
4. Form about 36 balls and place them on a baking sheet
5. Make a thumb print in each ball and fill with a little raspberry jam
6. Bake 14-18 minutes and cool
7. Mix together glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cookies.
Michal’s Chocolate Brandy Snowballs
½ cup sugar
350 Grams dark chocolate (I use 3 bars of Lindt 70%)
50 grams butter ½ stick
45 ml brandy (3 Tab
1 tsp Nescafe or espresso powder
¾ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup finely chopped almonds (.3 pounds) I chop them in a food processor
1. Beat eggs and sugar for 5 minutes in a mixer.
2. Melt chocolate and butter carefully in the microwave. I don’t melt the chocolate completely because it is too easy to burn. Instead I melt it almost all the way and stir it to melt the last little bit of chocolate.
3. Add coffee and brandy
4. Fold chocolate mixture into eggs
5. Add dry ingredients and mix quickly
6. Fold in almonds
7. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or for several days
8. Make snowballs by rolling into 1-2 inch balls, dipping into granulated sugar and then into powdered sugar so that each is completely covered.
9. Bake in preheated 360 ? oven for 8 minutes. Do not overcook.