CHOCOLATE GODIVA LIQUOR CHEESECAKE
THIS CAKE IS AN ABSOLUTE WINNER: VERY EASY TO MAKE, ELEGANT, AND ONE OF THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKES THAT YOU"LL FIND: SMOOTH, RICH, AND INTENSE. AND WHAT BETTER PAIRING IS CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRIES.
SO ALL YOU MEN AND WOMEN WHO WANT TO IMPRESS YOUR LOVERS, TRY THIS OUT.
GODIVA CHOCOLATE CHEESE CAKE
Preheat oven to 350°
- Chocolate graham cracker crumbs: the boxes have 3 separate packages of 8 double crackers. I use one package of 8 and another 5 double crackers. Put them in food processor and grind into fine crumbs. Then add:
- 1 stick butter and another 3 TBS. that has been melted in microwave. Blend in food processor until mixed.
- Butter a 10 inch removable rim tart pan and push the crumbs into the tart pan first around the rim and then the bottom so that it is spread evenly and packed down well.
- Bake 8 minutes, remove from oven and carefully push crust back into shape using a small spatula or your fingers.
1-8 oz. package cream cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat variety)
½ cup sour cream (I use the lite variety)
½ cup sugar
2-3.5 oz. bars of chocolate 70% cocoa (I use Lindt Excellence)
1-50 ml. bottle Godiva chocolate Liquor (the little darkest bottles you see when you check out)
1 large egg
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and sugar in a food processor until well blended.
- Break the bars into largish pieces and then melt. The easiest way I’ve found to do this is by setting the microwave for 1 minute and then swishing your bowl around so that the pieces are distributed in the melted chocolate. Then microwave for another 30 seconds and let sit a minute. You want the last few pieces to melt after the chocolate has been removed from the microwave. Don’t melt the whole thing in the microwave or you risk burning the chocolate.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and blend together.
- Add Godiva Liquor and blend.
- Add egg and blend using a spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Pour into tart shell and bake 25-30 minutes. You want the sides to begin cracking but the center to be slightly moist and dipped down.
Cool the tart. It can be refrigerated and brought to room temperature to serve the following day. I like to garnish it with raspberries. Or you can garnish with whipped cream. This pie is VERY rich and can serve 10-12 people easily.