I often bring this appetizer to “dish to pass” occasions. This layer bean dip is pretty routine but I add a few touches to make it special. It is always a crowd pleaser. I like to serve it with the Tortilla Lime chips.
7 LAYER BEAN DIP
- 2 -16-oz. can refried beans (spicy or regular)
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ½ -1/4 oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 2 TBS salsa
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced or ½ can petite diced tomatoes (thoroughly drained of liquid)
- tortilla chips
1. Spread beans in the bottom of a 13"x9" (or similar sized oblong) clear glass dish, add ½ cup of shredded cheese and cook in microwave just until cheese is melted, then stir in the cheese and set aside.
2. .Mix avocados, lime juice, salsa, garlic, and salt to taste; layer over beans
3. Combine sour cream and seasoning mix; spread over avocado.
4. Sprinkle with cheese; top with onions, olives and tomato.
5. Serve with tortilla chips.