Creamed Corn Filo Cups
with Shitake Mushrooms and goat Cheese
5 oz. sliced shitake mushrooms
1 small sweet onion, small diced
Olive oil for frying
2 tbs. butter for frying
2 ears of corn cut off the cob
½ cup heavy cream
4 oz. cream cheese
2 oz. goat cheese
1/3 cup shredded swiss cheese
salt and pepper
2 packages mini filo shells (I like Athens brand that come 15 to a package and is in the freezer section near the pie doughs)
1. Fry onions in a little olive oil and 1 Tbs. butter until slightly brown and set aside.
2. Fry mushrooms in a little olive oil with remaining butter and set aside.
3. Fry the corn kernels briefly in same frying pan over high heat so that it begins to release a great corn fragrance, stirring frequently.
4. After you begin to smell the corn (about3-5 minutes) add the cream and simmer corn and cream together for another 5-6 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a food process, process cream cheese and goat cheese until well missed.
6. Mix everything together and season for salt and pepper. I like alot of pepper in this dish.
7. You can prepare this ahead of time and refrigerate for a couple of days. Right before you serve it, heat it up in the microwave and then fill about 1 Tbs in each cup and sprinkle with the grated swiss cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and beginning to brown.