Grilled Kielbasa with corn relish
Kielbasa ( I like the small individual smoked Polish Kielbasa from Hilshire Farms)
Corn Relish Recipe
· 1 large cucumbers, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
· 2 cups of finely chopped onions
· 2 stalks celery finely chopped (Size of corn kernels)
· ½ cup chopped pimento
· 4 cups corn kernels (cut from 4-6 ears, depending on how big the ears are)
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 ½ Tbsp Kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar (5% acidity)
· 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
· 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
· 1 teaspoon celery salt
· cayenne pepper to taste
1 Place everything except corn, celery and cucumber and pimento in a medium-sized (4 to 6-quart), thick-bottomed pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
2 Add celery and cook for another 5 minutes. Add corn and cook for another 5 minutes. Then mix in pimento. Taste for seasoning.
3 Spoon the corn relish into clean jars and seal. Will last for 4-6 weeks refrigerated.
4 This is better made a few days before you serve it.
Yield: Makes 3-4 pints.