Write a review
- • 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- • 2/3 cup mushrooms(any combination), sliced
- • 1/4 cup chopped shallots or onions
- • 1 small clove fresh garlic, minced
- • 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- • 1 tablespoon walnut oil or olive oil
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- 2. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic. Sauté 7-10 minutes, stirring often, until mix is just browning and any liquids given off have evaporated.
- 3. Place walnuts, oil, salt and zest in a food processor and process until a paste has formed.
- 4. Add mushroom mix and blend until almost smooth.
- 5. Taste and add salt as needed.