CHILLED CORN VICHYSSOISE
3 Tbs. olive oil)
3 medium leeks, trimmed, sliced and washed
2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
4-6 ears corn, kernels cut from the cob. Put corn from one ear aside.
32 ounces or 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
½ cup ½ and ½ (optional)
Salt to taste
Snipped chives for garnish
1. Using heavy casserole, fry the onions in butter until soft and lightly browned.
2. Adds sliced leeks and cook slowly with onions for another 10 minutes, stirring
3. Add chicken or vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently, covered for
20 minutes or until leeks are soft.
4. Add corn and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. When slightly cooled, pureed the mixture in a blender or food process until very
smooth. Add ½ and ½ if desired at this point and mix together.
6. Fry the last ear of corn kernels over high heat with a little oil and some salt until beginning to brown. Set aside to use for garnish. (This step is optional)
7. Refrigerate 24-48 hours.