I got home from work just before 6 tonight. I took one pound of stew beef out of the freezer and got right to work.
1. Defrosted the beef in the microwave and cut it up into small chunks. (Beef optional)
2. Fried the beef in olive oil until just browned
3. Peeled and cut up 2 carrots, 2 celery and 1 cleaned leek and threw them into the pressure cooker
4. Added the beef and one can of diced tomatoes, a bay leaf, salt, pepper and 36 ounces of chicken or vegetable broth.
5.Cleaned half a pound of lentils and added them to the pot.
6. Deglazed the frying pan with 1 cup of water and added that to the pressure cooker.
7. Heated up my stove top pressure cooker to pressure and then cooked for 8 minutes.
8. Meanwhile chopped up and fried a large sweet onion.
9. Brought the pressure down in my cooker under cold water, opened it, and added the onions. Tasted for seasoning and checked how tender the beef was.
10. Closed up the pot, brought it back to pressure and cooked 3 more minutes.
AND VOILA,! An excellent meal with some crusty bread and salad. And the leftover lentil soup will be even better tomorrow!