- Kernals from 2-3 ears of leftover corn (cooked or raw)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix everything together and let sit a few minutes. Add more water if too thick. It should have a thick pancake batter consistency.
- Heat a frying pan with some vegetable oil. Fry a sample 1 tablespoon size fritter and taste for seasoning and adjust with more liquid if necessary. You want to cook them hot and brown them on each side. They should be nice and crispy. Make them any size you like but I like them to be around 3 inches in diameter.
- Serve for breakfast with maple syrup or as a side dish to your dinner. These go well with a pork barbecue.