WILD RICE BARLEY CASSEROLE with MUSHROOMS:
1 medium onion, chopped
4 TBS butter
¾ cup wild rice
¾ cup barley (not quick cooking)
½cup dry sherry
1 ½ cups stock
1 ¼cups water
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry one chopped sweet onion in butter until softened and set aside.
2. Fry mushrooms and set aside.
3. In Pressure Cooker add rice and barley, sherry, broth and water and salt to taste.
4. Cover pressure cooker, bring to pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Release pressure and check to make sure the rice and barley are cooked. The rice should be split open and tender but not mushy. Cook longer if necessary.
6. Add mushrooms and onions to rice mixture.
7. Taste for salt and pepper.